Overall responsibilities involve the development of distributed systems, related to perfecting written English, which includes:
- Analysis and mining of linguistic data
- Research, development, and optimization of NLP and related algorithms
- Development of auxiliary network servers
Meet your future colleague
Jordi Carrera VenturaNatural Language Processing Engineer at Grammarly, Co-Founder at Sumplify
In your first weeks with us, you would:
- Work with one of the core team members on improving parts of Grammarly’s algorithms.
- Analyze data for different language-oriented tasks.
- Study and suggest improvements to our algorithms.
Over time, you would:
- Work on improving major components of our core, like spelling and grammar checking engines.
- Research and develop algorithms for solving NLP tasks on different levels of Grammarly’s language core.
- Develop fast and scalable back-end components, implementing those algorithms.
- Brainstorm and implement ways to make Grammarly «smarter».
To introduce the company a little bit inside, there are some interviews of our guys on DOU website: 1) Garik, who manages product development:http://dou.ua/lenta/interviews/profit-show-xiv-george-serebrennikov-grammarly/
and 2) Grammarly founders, Max and Lesha: http://dou.ua/lenta/interviews/profit-show-xxvi-aleksey-shevchenko-i-maksim-litvin-grammarly/
Also we do have an Artificial Intelligence Clubhttp://www.youtube.com/grammarlylabs, probably you will be interested to see some videos of these meetings.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
3–5years of software development experience
- Unix as the main development platform
- Experience with server-side Java or Python
- Experience in NLP is highly desirable, otherwise experience in at least one of the following areas: ML, AI/Robotics, Information Retrieval, Data Mining and Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, theoretical Computer Science
- Knowledge of functional programming is highly desirable
- Completion/enrollment in AI-related Stanford courses (AI, ML, NLP) is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- We love people who are open, honest, kind, cheerful and have a decent sense of humor.
Goodies we provide:
- Work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people
- Work with state-of-the-art NLP technologies, powering products used by hundreds of thousands people
- Work with unique professionals in research, engineering & design
- Opportunity to do a lot of research work
- Superb office space in the city center
- Paid attendance of conferences and seminars
- Once-a-year company retreat
- Competitive salary, reviewed regularly
- Relocation support for people willing to move to Kyiv, including transportation costs, first month’s rent, etc.