“We don’t need just any programmer,” said Hawk-nose. “Programmers are in short supply, and are spoiled, but we don’t need a prima donna.”
“What are you working on?” I asked. “As with all science — the happiness of man.”
—Arkadi and Boris Strugatsky
Meet your future colleague
Oleksandr ChugaiSoftware Developer
Overall responsibilities include:
- Leading a
3–4person SWAT-team of experienced developers, working on one of Grammarly’s current projects, which serves our user-base of several millions users worldwide;
- Participating in improving and developing components of our Java-based core infrastructure, with some parts in other languages, such as Python and Lisp;
- Working on different parts of our technology stack (from developing web-frontend to creating high-load network servers, to integrating with external providers);
- Co-operating closely with other teams (product design, AI/NLP, end-user software) in achieving Grammarly’s vision of conquering the world (or of perfecting written English);
- Playing a key role in making technical decisions regarding ongoing projects and product improvements;
- Constantly exploring and evaluating new technologies that are relevant to our products;
- Contributing to the improvement of our development practices and technologies;
- Mentoring new hires and junior developers;
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years of software development experience;
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers to a common technical goal;
- Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution;
- Expert knowledge of Java;
- Python experience is a big plus;
- Strong knowledge of web architecture, REST, SOA, designing for performance, scalability, availability, and security fundamentals;
- Strong knowledge of network programming and network architectures;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Goodies we provide:
- Work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people;
- Flexible scheduling.
- Paid attendance of conferences and seminars.
- Free lunches.
- Superb office space in the city center with a great view over Taras Shevchenko Park.
- 2 minute walking distance from metro Lva Tolstogo, Kyiv.
- One month of annual vacation and paid sick-leave.
- Relocation support for people willing to move to Kyiv, including transportation costs, first month’s rent, etc.
- Competitive salary reviewed regularly.