Meet your future colleague
Vsevolod DyomkinSoftware Developer, Adjunct Professor at NTU “KPI”, Co-organizer of TEDxKyiv
Here’s what you would do in your first weeks with us, after initial onsite training:
- Analyze real-world language rules, usage patterns and exceptions; collect examples and explain them to other team members.
- Create and improve test and training data for our NLP applications; work with corpora and dictionaries.
- Discover and formally describe different pieces of evidence that there are mistakes in a written text.
- Do some simple but impactful programming tasks: basic text processing, writing DSL expressions.
Here’s what you would start working on over time:
- Coordinate corpus creation projects.
- Train and mentor junior linguists.
- Learn more programming and NLP techniques.
- Research and develop linguistic and/or machine learning algorithms.
Skills and qualities we need include:
- B.Sc. in linguistics, cognitive science, or another linguistics-related discipline
- Fluent English, great understanding of English morphology, syntax and semantics
- Ideally, experience teaching English as a second language
- Some programming experience in any language (a short programming course at the university should be enough for the start)
- Some minimum knowledge of natural language processing
Goodies we provide:
- Work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid attendance of conferences and seminars
- Free lunches
- Superb office space in the city center with a great view over Taras Shevchenko Park
- Two minute walking distance from metro Lva Tolstogo, Kyiv
- One month of annual vacation and paid sick-leave
- Relocation support for people willing to move to Kyiv, including transportation costs, first month’s rent, etc.
- Competitive salary, reviewed regularly